Saturday, May 31, 2008

Tanners PT on treadmill

This is Tanner walking on the treadmill on April 21st. He has been improving from the first time. In this video he is only having Jan help him with the placement of his feet. At the first he had 3 people working very hard to get both legs bending and working the way they need to. It is like he is having to learn to walk again from the waist down. It is very humbling to see how hard this task is. I hope we never take anything we do for granted. This is a big lesson for me.

This is Jan Black Tanners Physical Therapist. There are other great ones also, but Jan has been awesome with Tanner. She motivates him and understands Tanners determination. He Knows what he wants and is going to accompoish it. But the best is that she can put up with Tanners teasing. His thing know is when new patients come in and ask what happened to him. He explained how he was minding his own business crossing the street in a crosswalk and Jan swerved and hit him. We all love him for that sense of humor. He keeps smiles on all our faces. He keeps my heart light! But what an amazing young man behind his smile.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Tanner,
This is your long lost bathrobe lady from across the street signing in after a significant pause in communicating with you. Which for you may not be all that bad. But here I am again to tell you how much I am continued to be amazed at your life and progress and attitude. Ray and I saw you pop yourself up into the white pick-up with great upper body strength like it was nothing. And your walking just keeps getting better and better.
I also have been thinking about you and your determination and tenacity to live and do the best you can everyday because I want my future little grandaughter to be like you. You may be kindred spirits. My daughter Melissa who lives in "Wyoming" had to be transported to the University of Utah Hospital 2 days ago because the baby wanted to come now. She will be 9 weeks early if she has her way. She is a breech baby which means she is standing straight up in her mother's womb saying I'm coming feet first, not head first, but I am coming. They will try to keep her from coming as long as they can because she will have a greater chance of living and being healthy. She fights for her life just like you fight to have the best life and recovery on your terms not according to what anyone else says. She is strong I think, I hope, just like you and whatever God has in store for her,she is not afraid. Your spirit is strong and so is hers. I hope you two can meet here someday.

P.S. Thanks for being my inspiration and example!
Love , Brenda