Saturday, January 19, 2008

Saturday January 11th

Click to play USRA+Banquet
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a slideshow - it's easy!




This was a day that Tanner has been looking forward to.

It was the USRA Banquet they have at the end of the year.

Tanner had taken 1st place in the Amateur division.

Almost every race he would have someone protest because

he would not only take 1st in the Amateurs, but he

would end up 15 overall. Which meant he would beat

alot of pro's. In a Worx race Tanner took 11th, If he would

of taken 10th he would have been disqualified. Lucky!

Tanner is now moved up to expert. He said they won't

be able to complain for awhile. But he will be back.

( we will let him believe that for know, mom has to think

hard about it.)It is one of those things we won't think

to far ahead. Whatever it takes to motivate him! He did

go buy a new Helmet and Jacket with some yamaha

bucks he had won at a race. He picked the same one as

Gavin so the are going to be a matching team. I am sure

you are thinking, what are you thinking that you would

let your kids ride anymore? But after a car crash you still

drive a car. Can you tell I am trying to justify this crazy

thinking? Anyways, after the banquet they came back and

have boxing matches. I bought these one Christmas,

thinking the boys could take there aggression out safely.

They are supposed to wear head gear also. They forget

that when mom is not here. Scott thought I was crazy,

and yes I probably am to promote this. Again what was I thinking?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope I'm doing this right.
Hey Tanner, My name is Trevor Wood. We've never met but I run flatbed for your dad. I live in Eagle Mountain. Right now about the only thing we have in common is riding but that's enough right. Just wanted you to know that people you don't even know are praying for you. I ride a quad (Raptor 700) My 4 yr. old daughter and 2 yr. old son will have rides in a few years. My boy will have to have a bike, right now he literally will not go to bed with out his toy dirt bike.
I hope you have plans to get back on one asap. FAITH, ATTITUDE, AND HARD WORK BUDDY!
If there's anything we can do to help let us know. rollinheavy@gmail.com

PAIN IS WEAKNESS LEAVING THE BODY
Later
Trevor

Anonymous said...

Tanner,
I read something the other day which said,"No one is guaranteed happiness. Life just gives each person time and space. It's up to us to fill it with joy." It was one of those days when I wanted to say, "oh, yeh, well you just fill it up with joy cause I am not interested........"
I don't know who wrote it, but I want to say to him or her, as far as I am concerned there are questionable and joyless days. At the least there are hours and minutes that fall into that catagory. And on those days sometimes I just need to hear "I don't blame you for feeling as you do, If I were you, I'd feel exactly the same way. What would you like me to do for you?"
Just hearing those words soften my heart and help heal knowing someone is on my side. But then I guess I know the Savior is always on my side as I read D.&C.120&121
Tanner, He is on your side too. No matter what or how you feel!


P.S. My sister who lives in Spokane WA and is 11 years older that I am......I love that I can say she is older than me, but then she is also wiser too.
Anyway, she sent me an email today with a quote I needed, maybe you will like it too.
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of Battle."
Here's to the Battles we all fight and here's to the Love that always wins!!!!! Love ya, Brenda

Anonymous said...

Tanner, please forgive me, I can't believe I left out D.&C. 122. It is 121 and 122. I know that as well as my name. So as you can see one as old as I am can also forget ones own name!!! Sleep tight, love Brenda, Sister Morris, Grandma, dumb blond, or bi----- sister Morris, which ever works.