Friday, January 4, 2008

Catching up with the news and pictures!

So it has been a while since I have updated. Sorry I will try to
stay more on top of this. It seems that we are keeping so busy
and keeping track of all. Gavin is on his way from Mexico with
Gregg's family. He left on Christmas morning and will be home
on Sunday. They were going to try to hit the Anahiem Stadium race,
but he is coming up to Beaver Dam tonight because of the weather.
Preston, Emily, the Miller Boys and Barney boys left yesterday to
go meet Gregg in LA for the race. Know it looks like the will stay
with Grandma and Grandpa for the weekend. There is 9 of them that
went with motorcycles to ride. Always an adventure. So with those
boys gone enjoying themselves we can focus on the other two. I have
learned that we all have our own way of dealing with this. Being a
mom is a challange to help them all through this, when I am trying to
figure it out myself.
Tanners attitude as still been amazing. He has pulled us through
at times when we have our own questions. Not letting him know. He
still has his teasing personallity and entertaining. He seems to
be comfortable with the situation he is in at this time. I think
knowing that it is short term. ( whatever short is ) that is the key
word. As I try to help him put his pants on or anything, because I
get in the hurry mode, or I can do it faster. His comment to me is
"Don't Mom, don't" I feel like I am at that stage once again that
when he was 2 or 3 it was "I can do it myself!" The hardest thing
is to watch him struggle just to do the simplest things. As is muscles
are regaining there strength. He has always been determined, and always
will be. Another trait that will pull him through!
Thank you for the comments and visits with Tanner, he has felt all the
love that has been shared with him. It has helped to bring him this far
and will help carry him the rest of the way. As one of my good friends
told be how she feels that he is going to walk again and make it through
this, as many has done the same. She asked me if that bothered me. I
told her it is what I need I have my times when my spirits go down and
I have my doubts (which I never would want to admit) but these are the
time that I am carried through my times when I feel that I am falling
down. Its all the people like that, that catch me and hold me when I
need it. Once again Thanks from all of us to all of you! We are riding
on many of your wings. We love you all!!
Stacie
Tomorrow I will update on Tanners physical therapy. He is strong and
getting stronger.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tanner,
Everytime I read something with the word "Believe" in it I think of you. And then when I read something that President Hinkley wrote with the word "Believe" in it, it is even more powerful.
This is a quote from him I read in one of the books I have.
I think he wrote it just for you.....
"Believe in yourself. Believe in your capacity to do great things. Believe that no mountain is so high that you cannot climb it. Believe that no storm is so great that you cannot weather it. You are not a scrub. You are a child of God, of infinite capacity.
Believe that you can do it----whatever it is that you set your heart on. Opportunities will all unfold and open before you. The skies will clear when they have been dark and portent."


P.S. That is as good as it gets from the best authority on the face of this earth. You are as good as it gets...never forget that.
When God closes a door. He always opens a window! And a new door will swing wide open!
Stacie, this is for you and the rest of your family too!
Love ya, Brenda