Sunday, January 6, 2008

Update - Sunday Jan 6th, 6 weeks from Accident

First I want to thank everyone for telling me that Tanner is
going to be ok. I have had a few people ask me if that bothers
me when I hear that. My response is that, that is what is
holding me up. There are times I find myself in doubt, wondering
what is going to be. I try to never go there, but it does happen.
Someone asked Scott "Why this would happen to him when he
does so much for others? Why we are being punished?" Life
happens to everyone. That is not something we have asked
ourselves is "Why?" The other side to that is "Why not?" I
wouldn't wish this upon anyone else. I know that the Lord is
not a punishing God and he would never give us a trial we
would not be able to make it through. With his help of course.
I found this quote from a book that our Cousin gave Tanner
that we often read through together.
FAITH IS NOT COMPLACENT; FAITH IS ACTION.
YOU DON'T HAVE FAITH AND WAIT. WHEN YOU
HAVE FAITH, YOU MOVE.
by Betty Eadie

Through this last 6 weeks not one person has be complacent. The
extreme makeover that was put together in less than 4 weeks.
Which made Tanners transition so much easier. He has no limits
on our main floor. He often goes outside for a stroll. He even got
stuck in the dip in the road when it was dark. His friends were
back at the room playing xbox. Tanner said a car drove by and he
was kind of embarrassed so he stuck it into reverse and got out.
Not sure why he couldn't have taken the sidewalks but they would
have much to easy. The roads were covered in snow. As you
can see he hasn't changed. He is very independent when he wants
to be. One of the hardest things for me is I want to help to much.
I see the simplest things become such a struggle. And when I do
jump in to help he says "Don't Mom, Don't". Kind of of like when your
little child wants to do it himself. I guess this is my chance to learn
patients again!
Tanner is going to the Surgeon tomorrow for his follow up. I will
let you all know what they say. Only the positive! I have told the
Doctors at the hospital that if they don't know 100% I would rather
not hear what they have to say.
Have a great day,
Stacie

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love looking at your website everyday and seeing how much you guys have progressed and how you stay strong! You are such a good example to me and everyone around you! My little brother that's Preston's age thinks that Tanner is just the coolest, strongest, most brave person and I agree! Tanner I gotta say, you have the best family-your parents are so brave and kind and you have the best brothers and the most awesome sister! You guys keep holding on and be strong! remember-when life gets hard and knocks you down to your knees, it puts you in the perfect position to pray. Love Elsa Jensen

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. For most of us, what you are dealing with makes our own personal problems seem so small. I am sure that 2 months ago you would of never believed that you could even make it this far - and look how awesome you are doing! You have taught many valuable lessons along the way. Keep the faith! It WILL be ok!
Love,
Julie Cattani

Anonymous said...

Tanner,
It was so good to see you at church yesterday! Each time I see you or hear about you, you are moving forward. I know that you like to speed through life, but the direction you face is more important than the speed you travel. Just keep on going!! I am so happy for you and your family that you are home now. That is just so great! I also wanted to mention something that you probably already know - you have the greatest parents! They both amaze me with their strength, service, energy, smiles etc. etc. Your family is a blessing, not just for your family, but for all of us lucky enough to know you.
Carol Rowberry

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to reach out and let all of you know that the Abbott's are reading and pulling for you. I have always believed that a positive mental attitude is the best and I am glad to hear you have it.

You are all in our prayers!

Anonymous said...

Tanner,
Hello Handsome. How is my little Tanner? I haven't been to see you yet, but please know that I think of you and pray for you every day. I miss my little guy and cant believe how grown up you are. So...here you are facing the biggest challenge of your life. I dont know of anyone that has more will power and strength than you do to overcome a challenge like this. I mean honestly, you are the only kid I know that would hide in the dog house in the backyard during a thunderstorm that I would have to literally drag inside by the ankles. That folks... is pure stubborness. After five minutes you would be right back out there. Dont loose that stubborness and drive! I know that it will get you through this...however it may be. I love you like my little brother and you will always be my "reading" buddy! love, ali b.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! Awesome article dude! Thank you, However I am going through problems with your
RSS. I don't understand why I cannot join it. Is there anybody having the same RSS problems? Anybody who knows the answer can you kindly respond? Thanx!!

My web-site fastest way to lose weight