Sunday, December 23, 2007

All In A Days Work!!!

Godfrey's,Here is to the trucks, the men, and women I see outside my window from morning until night working their hearts out finishing the room for Tanner. While the rest of are busy with our own Christmas, these are the real heroes of the true Christmas spirit. They are amazing!!!!P.S. Okay, Okay I'll stop blogging!Love, Brenda

First thing is Brenda, you can never stop blogging! She has been one of Tanners regulars which
he looks forward to reading. If you don't know Brenda, she is our neighbor across the street.
(That is how she is making sure we have enough help to get this done for Tanner) But most important she has been one of all my kids biggest fans! We all love her, and the kids have adopted her as one of their Grandmas!
What she say's is true about the workers from early, early to late at night they have taken over the task to build a beautiful room for Tanner to come home too. Which I will add all the pictures of today's work. So many have allowed us to be at the hospital with Tanner, as they have made the decisions that haven't seemed to be important at the time. Like color of paint or where the bathroom should go, etc. etc. etc. All very important but unable to make by Scott or Me. It has come together
again by people pulling long hours behind the scene. This is truly the spirit of Christmas I have found this year. I have not had to go shopping once! Thanks to friends that have done my shopping! As I was coming home the other day from the hospital I went to Gateway to get Tanner a jacket. It took me 30 mins. to get out of the mess. Not even getting out of my car. I decided that this is not what Christmas it is supposed to be. (It diffentely does not give you that feel good feeling when people help each other!)
Tanner will be coming home tomorrow. He will spend the night and go back until Friday. It will be a good trial run for us. He is doing well with his progress, slow but well. We are so excited for
such little things. He is able to flex his abs and use his core muscles more. He was able to balance himself on all fours, see what I mean by little things. We are happy for each little muscle as it learns to fire off again. He was able to flex each of his butt checks, also his hip flexors have fired off. They are all very small motions and weak, but are moving! I will update more tomorrow. I couldn't let another day go by especially this one! Thanks again to all! As you can see that your love and prayers are helping! Someone asked me today how I could stay strong? I told them I can't think to far ahead. We live each day by day and look forward to a better tomorrow!
Which since it is tomorrow! Tanner has had some exciting visitors, I will share this with you after some rest! We love you all!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Scott-Stacie-Tanner-Kelsea-Gavin and Preston:

It's late here in Hawaii but I couldn't sleep thinking about your family and everything you're going through. As Haley said, we pray for Tanner daily and know the Lord is so aware of you and very near. The other day we went to the Laie temple here on Oahu and put each individual person on the prayer roll realizing that everyone in your family is in need of extra help at this time. May you take comfort in knowing that our island brothers and sisters will be offering prayers (thousands of miles away) of faith on your behalf as well. How we love your family and we just have one thing to say..."Tanner, "you da man" and we'll never stop believing in you!!
Melekalimaka!

Love Across the Ocean
Sue Ahlman and Fam-

Anonymous said...

Tanner,
Merry Christmas. May the Lord bless you and your family with comfort through the holidays.