Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Thanks to the many visitors that helped Tanner through this time!


Now with the time coming closer to Tanner coming home I want to
share a few things with you all. I want to Thank again the many visitors
that took the time out of this busy season to come and hang out
with Tanner. With every visitor it helped take Tanners mind off
some of the unsure future. (or the thoughts of what ifs) We can not
worry about those right know. We have to take it one day at a time.
And the days were filled with people to talk to, with
words of encouragement.
There are so many stories to share, but one I would like to share tonight is about
some of Utah fastest riders. These are riders that Tanner has the up most respect for. Dave Pearson, which rides for KTM and is one of the top off road racers in the nation. Rob Phillips has the #1 plate for overall. Both of these men and there wives made the trip up from St. George just to see Tanner. They left Sat. morning, spent 2 hours with Tanner and then made the trip back to St. George. Also left him with a signed Jersey! (which will be framed to go in his room) .
The next is a visit from Bert Bradford and his wife, Shaun Strong, and Mike Williams. All very fast racers also. There trip was from Utah County also on Saturday. Bert Bradford is one of the only Utahns to Qualify for the 6 day Enduro Race. This is a National race. I hope I am getting the info right, if not please forgive me. The bottom line is these are people that Tanner so respects and to have them take the time to let him know they care are believe in him is beyond words. I hope that Bert doesn't mind me sharing this letter to Tanner. As Tanner opened this letter he pulled out the Gold medal that Bert had won. He had given it to Tanner.

12-21-07

TANNER,

I WON THIS MEDAL AT THE 2 DAY ISDE QUALIFIER IN OHIO, THE REASON IT IS SPECIAL TO ME AND THE REASON I AM GIVING IT TO YOU IS, AT THIS RACE I BEAT ROB PHILLIPS - NO EXCUSES, HEADS UP FOR THE FIRST AND (SO FAR) THE ONLY TIME. TO ME IT REPRESENTS A FEAT THAT I HAD ALWAYS THOUGHT IMPOSSIBLE, BUT THROUGH HARD WORK, PERSEVERANCE, AND NEVER EVER GIVING UP IT FINALLY HAPPENED. I HOPE IT INSPIRES YOU TO DO THE SAME.

YOU HAVE A MUCH BIGGER CHALLENGE AHEAD OF YOU THAN WINNING AN OFF-ROAD RACE: YOU HAVE TO WIN A LIFE RACE! i BELIEVE THAT EVERY PERSON IN THIS LIFE IS GIVEN CHALLENGES AND OBSTACLES TO OVER COME TO HELP THEM GROW AND MAKE THEM STRONGER, AND TO STRENGTHEN THE PEOPLE AROUND THEM, AND HELP OTHER PEOPLE GROW THROUGH THEIR EXAMPLES. I BELIEVE THAT THE EXTENT OF THESE CHALLENGES IS IN DIRECT PROPORTION TO THE CHARACTER, STRENGTH AND WILL OF THE PERSON BEING TESTED. IN OTHER WORDS TEST AND CHALLENGES THAT WE FACE ARE DESIGNED TO BE AS HARD AS POSSIBLE, BUT NEVER IMPOSSIBLE. I KNOW THAT OUR FATHER IN HEAVEN DOESN'T PLACE OBSTACLES BEFORE US THAT WE CAN'T OVERCOME, LEARN AND GROW FROM. THESE "LIFE RACES" AREN'T SUPPOSED TO BE EASY; IF IT WERE EASY IT WOULDN'T BE CALLED A "RACE" WHICH IS ANOTHER WORD FOR TEST, OR CHALLENGE.

YOU MUST BE A PERSON WITH INCREDIBLY STRONG CHARACTER, DETERMINATION AND WILL POWER, AND I KNOW YOU CAN WIN THIS RACE!

BEST HOPES AND WISHES,

BERT BRADFORD


*This will go in a frame also!


As you see the power in this letter and visitors this is an example of the caliber of people that have made an effort to help my son. I know this is only the beginning of our race, but being a team race how could Tanner ever not win!
Much love to all,
Stacie
P.S. The Doctor did put out limit to 1000 visitors. Thanks!

No comments: